Not all women are happy with their breasts. Sometimes they are naturally small or asymmetrical, resulting in one breast being be noticeably larger than the other. The shape of the breasts also changes over the years as they tend to loose firmness and appear saggy. Women often wish to restore their breasts to their pre-pregnancy size. Breast augmentation surgery has helped thousands of women around the world to enjoy beautiful breasts and regain self-confidence.
Breast implants tend to lead to psychological satisfaction and help women to feel more attractive and thus improve the quality of their lives. It is important to highlight that this kind of surgery should only be performed based on the patient’s wishes. It could never serve the function of improving a family relationship or making another person happier. Only patient’s desire and the ultimate independent decision should be the driving force behind the surgery.
Prior to surgery, the surgeon marks the places of future incisions. The length of the surgery is 1-2 hours and it is performed using general anaesthesia so that the patient is asleep throughout the length of the procedure.
During the surgery, the incision is performed either in the area of the areola (pigmented skin surrounding the nipple), in the inframmamary fold (a crease below the breast) or under the arm. The implant can be positioned either under the muscle or under the gland. The positioning of the implant is discussed with the patient before the surgery. A more natural look is achieved if the implant is positioned under the muscle and not over it.
Breast augmentation using implants is a very common procedure with a proven patient satisfaction rate record. Breast augmentation surgery uses implants to form beautifully shaped breasts that meet the patient’s expectations.
- Avoid physical activity and wear a compressive belt for 6-8 weeks.
- For 2 weeks do not raise your hands above your head.
- Following the surgery, patients are advised to remain under observation at the hospital for at least 2 days. Only upon confirmation that the patient’s condition is good, can outpatient treatment be recommended.
- Lymphatic drainage massage for the first two months following the surgery.
- Refrain from exercising for 2 months.
- Surgery seams are removed about 10-12 days after the surgery.